Enrolment - International Students
Peace Lutheran College is proud of its multicultural fabric, offering a nurturing and supportive environment for our international students, ensuring they feel right at home in our diverse community.
Cairns... the gateway to Australia's Great Barrier Reef and the perfect location for your international study
Our international students are made up of both day students and Boarding students.
The school offers the following courses:
- 086286C Junior School Studies P - 6 (registered as Primary School Studies)
- 086287B Junior Secondary School Studies Years 7 - 10 (registered as Junior Secondary Studies)
- 018202J Senior Secondary Studies Years 11 - 12 (registered as Senior Secondary Certificate of Education)
The Australian Government is committed to ensuring you have an excellent education experience in Australia.
The new fact sheet for international students contains important information about their rights and responsibilities while studying in Australia. This fact sheet gives you information on:
- choosing and enrolling in a course of study
- support services available in Australia
- the rights and responsibilities of students on a student visa
- working in Australia
- making complaints and getting help
Enrolment process for international students
The following process applies to international students who are on Visa 500.
Step #1: Complete and submit Application for Enrolment form. Your application will be processed upon payment of the $300 application fee. This processing fee is non-refundable. Your application cannot be processed until the application fee has been paid.
Step #2: Documents required to be submitted with your Application for Enrolment form:
- Birth Certificate - certified copy
- Current Passport - copy of passport page with name, photo identification, passport number and expiry date
- Visa/s - previous visas held for study in Australia
- Character reference (required for children enrolling into Years 7 - 12 and Boarding)
- Letter of Release (if applicant is currently studying in Australia)
- School/academic reports (translated in English) - latest certified copies
- Photograph of student (NOT passport)
Once you have submitted the Application for Enrolment and accompanying documentation and paid the application fee, our Enrolments Officer will acknowledge receipt of your application via email, and will make contact with you should any additional information be required.
Step 3: Interview and/or assessment - all applicants requesting enrolment are required to have an interview and/or assessment with either the Principal, or appropriate Head of School. This will be arranged at a mutually convenient time once all required documentation has been received by the school.
Successful applicants will receive a Letter of Offer from the school. For the Offer to be accepted, an enrolment deposit of $400 per child is required.
Step 4: Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) - Upon acceptance of enrolment, a full Semester's tuition fees is payable in advance before a CoE can be issued. CoE's are required before you can apply for a student visa.
Fees and Costs
- Application fee - AU$300 required to be paid at the time of submitting completed Application for Enrolment form
- Enrolment deposit - AU$400 required to be paid upon acceptance of Offer from the school
Fees relating to tuition and incidental expenses, as well as information relating to health cover, uniforms and other considerations, can all be found on the Tuition & Boarding Fees International Students schedule. These fees are reviewed annually and subject to change.
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) is an Australian Government requirement for all students studying on a student visa
- Day students are required to organise their own OSHC
- Boarding students can arrange their own OSHC, or the school can do this on their behalf, through BUPA Overseas Student Health Cover - this is the school's preferred overseas health provider
The Lutheran Church of Australia Queensland District, trading as Peace Lutheran College, Kamerunga, is an approved school under the Queensland Education (Overseas Students) Act, 1996 (as amended 1 December 2009) and the Education (Overseas Students) Regulation 1998 (as amended in 1 January 2010).
As a registered provider to International students Peace is bound by the National Code of Practice for Providers of Education and Training to Overseas Students 2018 (2018 National Code) under its registration on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
From 1 July 2016, the Secretary of the Australian Government Department of Education and Training is the ESOS agency for school providers. School providers in each state or territory must also be approved by a designated State authority (or DSA) to provide courses to student visa holders.
Copy of Code of Practice.
We invite you to contact the College for further information about entry requirements, curriculum and international student policies, or please feel free to contact our Enrolments Officer by phoning +61 7 4039 9021, or via email, email@example.com.
A General overview of the College for International Students can be found in the Peace Lutheran College International Student Handbook.
For further information on International Students studying in Cairns, the Cairns Regional Council contains some very useful information.